Orientation at BHCC
After you are accepted, you must attend our two-part Orientation. If you have not applied to Bunker Hill Community College or need to check on your application status, please visit the Apply Now page.
Part 1: As soon as possible, attend an Advising and Registration Session
Advising and Registration Sessions are for accepted students (new to college, transfer, re-admitted) for the spring 2019 semester.
During Advising and Registration, you will meet with advising staff and register for classes.
- Plan at least 2-3 hours for this process.
- Sessions are offered in a walk-in format, no appointment is necessary.
- All sessions take place in the LifeMap Commons, E-235.
To prepare for your meeting with an advisor, please bring the following:
- Photo Identification
- The following forms of ID are accepted: university, college or high school ID, government-issued ID (including drivers license, drivers permit, passport, temporary state ID), company ID, native tribal ID or United States employment authorization card.
- We will carefully evaluate your test scores, high school GPA and/or college transcripts to ensure you are starting in the right classes.
- English, Reading and Math Placement Results
- If you are required to take the placement test, please bring a copy of your English, Reading and Math placement scores.
- You may be exempt from placement testing based on your high school GPA or standardized test scores. For more information visit https://www.bhcc.edu/assessment/
- College Transcripts
- If you have previously earned college credit, please bring an official or unofficial copy of your transcript(s).
We strongly encourage you to use public transportation. If you park on campus you are required to purchase a $10 daily parking pass. For more information visit https://www.bhcc.edu/parking/
- Saturday, November 17, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 20, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 21, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 27, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 28, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 4, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 5, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Thursday, December 6, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday, December 8, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 11, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 12, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Thursday, December 13, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday, December 15, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 18, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 19, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Thursday, December 20, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Friday, December 21, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
January Dates will be posted by December 15.
Part 2: After attending Advising and Registration, attend a New Student Day
You will meet with our Student Mentors, tour the campus, learn how to prepare for classes and hear about all of BHCC's great resources and opportunities for students.
New Student Day dates will be posted soon.