Orientation at BHCC
After you are accepted, you must attend our two-part Orientation. If you have not applied to Bunker Hill Community College or need to check on your application status, please visit the Apply Now page.
Part 1: As soon as possible, attend an Advising and Registration Session
Advising and Registration Sessions for Students Accepted for Summer 2019
|Tuesday, March 19||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 20||9 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Thursday, March 21||9 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Friday, March 22||11 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
Sessions for students accepted for the Fall 2019 semester will begin April 23.
During Advising and Registration, you will meet with advising staff and register for classes
Plan at least 2-3 hours for this process.
All sessions take place in the LifeMap Commons, E-235.
To prepare for your meeting with an advisor, please bring the following:
- Photo Identification
- The following forms of ID are accepted: university, college or high school ID, government-issued ID (including drivers license, drivers permit, passport, temporary state ID), company ID, native tribal ID or United States employment authorization card.
- We will carefully evaluate your test scores, high school GPA and/or college transcripts to ensure you are starting in the right classes.
- English, Reading and Math Placement Results
- If you are required to take the placement test, please bring a copy of your English, Reading and Math placement scores.
- You may be exempt from placement testing based on your high school GPA or standardized test scores. For more information visit https://www.bhcc.edu/assessment/
- College Transcripts
- If you have previously earned college credit, please bring an official or unofficial copy of your transcript(s).
We strongly encourage you to use public transportation. If you park on campus you are required to purchase a $10 daily parking pass. For more information visit https://www.bhcc.edu/parking/