Orientation at BHCC
After you are accepted, you must attend our two-part Orientation. If you have not applied to Bunker Hill Community College or need to check on your application status, please visit the Apply Now page.
Part 1: As soon as possible, attend an Advising and Registration Session
Students accepted for the Spring 2020 that need to meet with an advisor and register for classes may go to the Advising Office in E-235 during schedule adjustment week.
- Tuesday, January 21, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m
- Wednesday, January 22, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Thursday, January 23, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday, January 24, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Saturday, January 25, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Monday, January 27, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Plan at least 3-4 hours for this process.
Placement must be complete prior to meeting with an Advisor.
- During your session, we will carefully evaluate your test scores, high school GPA and/or college transcripts to ensure you are starting in the right classes.
- English, Reading and Math Placement Results
- If you are required to take the placement test, please bring a copy of your English, Reading and Math placement scores.
- You may be exempt from placement testing based on your high school GPA or standardized test scores. For more information, visit the Assessment Center
- Many English and math courses are offered as linked Learning Community courses. You can explore these and other Learning Community options. See the Learning Communities Spring 2020 Booklet.
- College Transcripts
- If you have previously earned college credit, please bring an official or unofficial copy of your transcript(s).
You will also need to bring a Photo ID.
If you live outside of Massachusetts, please email Advising at email@example.com to schedule an online session.
We strongly encourage you to use public transportation. If you park on campus you are required to purchase a $10 daily parking pass. For more information, visit the Parking webpage.
Part 2: After attending Advising and Registration, attend a New Student Day
You will meet with our Student Mentors, tour the campus, learn how to prepare for classes and hear about all of BHCC's great resources and opportunities for students.
New Student Day dates
- Wednesday, January 23 at 4 p.m. in C202
- Friday, January 25 at 10 a.m. in C202
- Wednesday, January 30 at 4 p.m. in C202