Center for Self-Directed Learning
Summer Registration is open!
- CSDL is offering courses remotely for Summer 2021. These guided self-study classes will not meet face to face on campus.
- They will meet remotely via WebEx with NO required scheduled times.
- Course materials will be on Moodle and other online learning platforms.
- For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The last day to register for CSDL courses is July 2, 2021.
About the Center for Self-Directed Learning
The Center for Self-Directed Learning (CSDL) offers a flexible program of guided self-study for those students who are comfortable working in a non-traditional setting.
CSDL students complete coursework on their own schedule, without attending classes, using both traditional textbook materials and online resources. Courses can extend over the entire semester, or be completed in a few weeks, depending on the student’s needs.
Students stay engaged through required weekly hours at the Center, with computers and study space available for use. Course facilitators, specialists in the subject area, serve as another resource for students’ questions and concerns, and also evaluate and grade their work. Facilitators are supported by professional and peer tutors, available at all times during the Center’s hours of operation.
The CSDL Offers:
- Forty-three credit courses in a variety of disciplines
- Option to complete courses at accelerated pace
- Professional course facilitators
- Trained professional and peer tutors
- Fifty student computer stations and quiet study room
- Flexible scheduling - open Monday-Saturday during Fall & Spring semesters.
How Does it Work?
Students who register for a CSDL class will receive a welcome letter with information pertaining to the Center and mandatory information session. Students will be invited to visit the Center during the first week of the semester for a information session, where they meet their course facilitator, receive their syllabus, and learn more about their course.
During the semester, students will then complete the exercises and assessments provided by their facilitator, working according to their own schedule. CSDL students are required to work at the Center at least three hours per week, but can plan this time around their other commitments.
Registration, Tuition, And Fees
You can register for CSDL courses online via SelfService. View all available sections by checking “Center for Self Directed Learn” under the locations menu. Visit bhcc.edu/registration for more information.
You can also submit a completed registration form to Admissions. The designation for CSDL courses is Section LC.
Tuition for courses taken through the CSDL is the same as courses taken in a classroom. Please check the current tuition and fees.
For CSDL courses, 100 percent of tuition and fees will be refunded if courses are dropped or canceled within five working days from the date of registration or five days after the start of the semester. To withdraw from a course, students must complete a course withdrawal form at Admissions on or before the official withdrawal date. Check the Academic Calendar for the exact date.