Ordering an Official Academic Transcript
Bunker Hill Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide official academic transcript ordering via the Web. Go to National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Center and select Bunker Hill Community College.
You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completely processed. Order updates are available via mobile text message and will also be emailed to you. You can also track your order online using your email address and order number.
Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can approve instantly online or return via fax, mail, or as a scanned email attachment.
NOTE: All holds, such as immunization, library, bookstore, and student payment can prevent transcript processing depending on the severity of the hold. The most common hold is for student payment. Please contact 617-228-2150 to resolve any student payment issues. Transcripts will not be released until holds have been resolved.
Unofficial transcripts are valid within BHCC or as personal records, but cannot be used for official purposes. Current and active students can print an unofficial transcript from the Academic Profile section of WebAdvisor.
Official transcripts are used for purposes such as admission to other educational agencies, the government or for job applications. The transcript is in a sealed and unopened envelope on official transcript paper with the signature of the registrar and the seal of the educational institution. Or an electronic copy delivered from BHCC directly to another school.
There are four delivery options: paper copy mailed, paper copy pick up, electronic pdf, and electronic exchange.
- Electronic secure PDF - After your request is processed by your school, your transcript recipient will be emailed a link to a secure Internet page where he or she can retrieve your official transcript. Upon that email notification, your credit card will be charged. The National Student Clearinghouse will guarantee that your recipient is notified that your transcript is ready for retrieval at the email address you provided when you placed the order; however, we cannot be responsible for whether or not your recipient retrieves or accepts the transcript. Because this is a new technology, we suggest that you contact your recipient and verify that he or she is willing to accept your transcript via this delivery method.
- Electronic exchange is only available to be sent directly to another college or university within the registry. The official transcript is sent to the electronic exchange mailbox. The recipients must check this mailbox in order to receive the transcript.
- Mailed paper copies are sent USPS regular mail. BHCC does not send by priority mail. Verify your recipients mailing address prior to completing your order.
Note: Requests sent via the United States Postal Service may take an additional 5-7 business days to reach its destination. Bunker Hill Community College assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of mailing information provided to us with the request. The College cannot be responsible for USPS failure to deliver.
- Pickup paper copies can be retrieved with a photo ID at Student Central
In the transcript order you will be asked to select from one of the following processing timeframes.
- Now: Do not hold for grades or degree to be awarded. Process as soon as possible.
- Hold for degree: Transcript will not be sent until after degree is awarded (this may be many semesters later)
- Hold for grades: For current semester grades to be included, you can select “After grades are posted”. These will be posted once grades have been entered, not as soon as the semester ends.
The cost of a transcript varies for the delivery option.
- $4.25 for paper copy for the first copy, every copy after that in the same order is only $2.00 dollars more.
- $4.25 for electronic exchange
- $6.00 for electronic PDF emailed
Electronic PDF (i.e. emailed) and electronic exchange transcripts are typically sent within minutes as long as the order doesn’t need manual review for attachments or processing.
Transcripts are mailed or available for pick-up 2 to 3 business days after an order is completed [this includes the consent form and verification of student information]