Congratulations to our Fall 2023 Graduates! Please check your BHCC email for important information regarding your diploma and official transcripts
The Spring 2024 Graduation application is open and will close on March 25th.
September 5, 2023 First Day of Fall 2023 Classes
September 13, 2023 Last Day for Adjusting Fall 2023 schedule (add/drop)
October 16, 2023 Fall 2023 Graduation Application Closes
November 6, 2023 Spring 2024 Graduation Application Opens
December 18, 2023 Last Day of Fall 2023 Classes
January 22, 2024 First Day of Spring 2024 Classes
January 29, 2024 Last Day for Adjusting Spring 2024 schedule (add/drop)
March 25, 2024 Spring 2024 Graduation Application Closes
April 1, 2024 Summer 2024 Graduation Application Opens
May 15, 2024 Last Day of Spring 2024 Classes
May 23, 2024 Commencement Ceremony
Graduation is the date or term in which you have completed your program. You can graduate in any of the following terms: Fall, Spring and Summer. Commencement is the ceremony that takes place to recognize the current graduates, past graduates and future graduates of that year. Commencement takes place every May.
Please note: Students who have 2 courses or fewer to complete in the summer must register for summer classes and submit the summer graduation application before the deadline, if they want to participate in Commencement. The Academic Records Office will review the student's record and send a communication to the student's BHCC email when the review is complete.
To find out more information about the ceremony, cap and gowns, and any other event details please visit the Commencement page.
Students are awarded the Associate in Science or Associate in Arts degree, if they:
- Complete a minimum of 60 credit hours (exclusive of developmental courses) with a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 (exclusive of developmental courses). Each program of study lists the total credits required for completion.
- Earn a minimum of 15 credits through courses enrolled and successfully completed at BHCC (25% of the total credits for the program of study must be earned at BHCC).
- Complete all program requirements.
BHCC diplomas say either Associate in Science or Associate in Arts; the program of study appears on the official BHCC transcript.
To qualify for a BHCC certificate, complete all course requirements for the certificate with a minimum of 25 percent of the required credit hours successfully completed at BHCC with a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.0 (exclusive of developmental courses).
If you are not sure if you are getting close to graduation:
- Run a Program Evaluation in your MyBHCC account.
- Direct questions to:
- assigned Advisor; or
- Department Chair; or
- meet with an Advisor in the LifeMap Commons, room E235.
Students may apply to earn additional degrees and certificates. . To qualify, complete the required courses for each degree, as well as a minimum of 15 credit hours beyond the first and any subsequent degrees. After completing a graduation application, email email@example.com to request to be evaluated for the completion of more than one program.
|If you are going to finish all requirements in:
|Apply to Graduate:
|Summer (June, July or August)
|April - June
Please double check updates on the Academic Calendar and Important Graduation Dates for specific application deadlines.
Bunker Hill Community College recognizes students’ academic achievement by applying the following designations to students’ diplomas and transcripts who have earned exemplary grade point averages during their stay at the College:
Highest Honors: Students who have completed degree requirements for an Associate degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.90 - 4.00, less developmental credits.
High Honors: Students who have completed degree requirements for an Associate degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.50 - 3.89, less developmental credits.
Honors: Students who have completed degree requirements for an Associate degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.30 - 3.49, less developmental credits.
The College also gives honors awards for the highest grade point average, less developmental credits, in each program.
Additionally, students who have participated in Commonwealth Honors Program may graduate as a Commonwealth Honors Scholar.
1. To access your GPA, log-in to your BHCC Self Service, find the Student Planning Tab and select the My Progress Page.
2. In the At a Glance section, you will find your GPA for ALL courses you have taken at BHCC including developmental courses.
3. Locate your Cumulative college level GPA under Program Notes. The GPA that is listed next to Cum Less Dev GPA is the GPA that will be used for graduation and honors purposes.
Please note: Your Cum Less Dev GPA needs to be above a 2.0 to be eligible for graduation. If you are still having trouble locating your GPA, please contact your advisor.
BHCC requires that students apply for graduation.
Once you submit your application, an email confirmation will be sent to your BHCC email. The Academic Records Office will continue to communicate with you via BHCC email from firstname.lastname@example.org about your graduation application status. Graduation information will not be sent to your personal email address. Therefore, it is important that you monitor your BHCC email regarding any information related to your graduation status. Due to high volume, please allow at least two weeks for the Academic Records Office to send an initial communication. If you have applied and have not heard back from the Academic Records Office within two weeks, please email email@example.com
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW:
If you have applied for graduation and you have been sent an email communication stating you are “pending completion”, your status may change based on the following:
- You withdraw from courses or you alter your registration
- You have previous degree(s) or certificate(s) that conflict with current graduation application
- You receive an NA grade
- You receive an IP grade
- You have submitted CLEP results that are not eligible for credit
- You have submitted a course substitution/waiver that was not approved by the Dean of your program
- You have submitted transfer credit that was not accepted towards your program requirements
BHCC graduates students three times per year.
|Successfully complete all courses and requirements by the end of:
|Degree posted (i.e. on academic transcript) and diploma mailed:
After the official graduation date, degree evaluations will be reviewed again by the graduation team to double check all requirements have been completed. Due to high volume of applications, this process can take 4-6 weeks after the graduation date has passed. Instructions to receive your Diploma or Certificate will be sent directly to your BHCC email after the final reviews are conducted.
Important Information Regarding Diplomas:
- BHCC diplomas are printed only with degree name (Associate Arts or Associate Science) The major will not appear on the diploma, but is listed on the BHCC transcript.
- If you completed more than one Associate program, you are receiving just one diploma for each Associate degree earned. For example, if you completed the Business concentration and the Music concentration – you will receive one diploma with the Associate in Arts degree listed. If you completed the Business concentration and the Criminal Justice program, for example, you will receive one Associate in Arts diploma and one Associate in Science diploma.
- The diploma is printed in a special font and as a result the letters may look a little bit different than you are used to. Before inquiring about your name being spelled incorrectly, take a second and closer look.
Graduates Starting Fall 2023
Starting Fall 2023, BHCC will be offering both digital and paper copies of diplomas through Parchment. BHCC will email graduates once the official conferral process has taken place. At that time, your official transcript with your degree listed will be available. Within the week following, graduates will receive an email from Parchment regarding their diplomas . You will have 72 hours after you receive email notification from Parchment to confirm your mailing address. Please check your address for accuracy as soon as possible to avoid your diploma being returned. Diplomas that are returned to BHCC for incorrect address will be held until students confirm their address with the graduation team. View information on Parchment diplomas.
Graduates Prior to Fall 2023
Prior graduates will have received their paper diploma in the mail if their mailing address was submitted. If you are a prior graduate who has not yet received their diploma, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need an additional copy of your diploma or certificate there is a $10.00 fee. Please download and fill out the Duplicate Diploma Request Form and follow the instructions. You will submit the completed form and payment to Student Central.
NOTE: Diplomas will be reprinted with the student’s name at the time the credential was awarded. Diplomas cannot be reprinted with a new/updated name.
*Please be sure to check the Diploma Name on your Graduation application for any errors. Diplomas or certificates that need to be reprinted due to misspelling will be subject to the $10.00 fee.
If you are graduating but looking to take additional courses not connected to a program, please reapply to the college by completing a Guest Application prior to your graduation https://www.bhcc.edu/admissions/gueststudents/.
If you are graduating but looking to complete another program, please work with your advisor or LifeMap & Advising to add the additional program prior to your graduation.