Refund Policy

Students dropping or withdrawing from classes or from the College must complete the appropriate withdrawal form available in Student Central, Room B325 of the B building, Charlestown Campus.

  • Lack of attendance or course abandonment does not constitute a drop or withdrawal.
  • Failure to officially drop or withdraw results in a grade of F or NA and no refunds will be issued.
  • Refunds are only issued to students who drop courses by the posted schedule adjustment deadlines.
  • After the schedule adjustment deadline, students may withdraw from a course up to the posted withdrawal deadline; no refunds are issued to students who withdraw from a course or from the College.   

For students receiving financial aid, withdrawals may result in adjustments to your financial aid and or adjustments to your student financial account that could result in additional charges and a balance due to the College, please contact Student Central, in room B325 for more information.

For more deadlines please refer to the academic calendar for the session or semester or visit the Registration Desk in the main lobby of the B building.

  • For Center for Self-Directed Learning CSDL (LC) courses – 100% tuition and fees will be refunded if course is dropped (cancelled) during the scheduled adjustment period (for Summer utilize Session I schedule adjustment deadline) or if registered after schedule adjustment, within five (5) working days from the date of registration.
  • For Community Education courses (non-credit) – 100% refund within two (2) working days prior to the start of the class.

NO refunds are issued after the specified schedule adjustment period.

How are refunds processed at BHCC?

Refunds are processed differently depending on how the payment was made. Financial aid refunds are issued fourteen (14) days after the funds are disbursed from financial aid.

Financial Aid refunds

Financial aid refunds are disbursed by the Financial Aid office. After disbursement, the Student Payment office processes the refund to the students’ account. You must select a refund preference before the term begins on your BHCCOneCard. To get your ID card, take your class schedule and a government-issued photo ID to the Charlestown Campus ID station in the Library (Room E300) or Chelsea Campus ID station in Room 415 to get a new ID card. Please make sure that your address is current to ensure delivery of your card. To update your address please visit Student Central. When you receive your card log on to to register and choose the way you wish to receive your refund. For current students, login and answer the security questions. Click on Finish when done. Check to make sure your enrollment status and contact information are correct and click on Submit.

Student Assistance: Students can contact Bankmobile Customer Care team by locating the number on the back of their card and:

Credit and debit card refunds

If your bill was paid with a credit or debit card, the card used in the original payment will be credited. To request a refund after you drop your class, please contact Student Central at 617-228-2370 or email to Please allow your bank five to seven business days to process the credit.

Money order and check refunds

If your bill was paid by check or money order, the refund will be issued according to the refund preference you chose at Refunds for payments made by personal check will be processed after fourteen (14) business days from the date of the original payment.

Other refunds

If your bill was paid by a scholarship or a third party payer, the refund will be credited back to the original payer, unless the payer provided other instructions.

Removing Tuition Charges

Charges are applied to your student account when you register for classes. All charges associated with the classes will be removed if you drop the classes by the add/drop deadline. No charges will be removed if you drop after the drop deadline. To drop Community Education classes go to to view their refund/drop policy. Please be advised that your student account debt constitutes an “educational benefit overpayment or loan” as defined pursuant to 11 U.S.C section 523(a) (8), and therefore is not dischargeable in bankruptcy.