On Smart Choice, we offer a variety of non-perishable items, fresh refrigerated and frozen products, and hygiene items. Each item’s point value is based upon serving size and quantity of items available. Your points stretch far—most items are between 1-3 points and will last you for a while!
While we do have information in the DISH about SNAP, please visit the Single Stop Office on campus for assistance with the application.
- Yes, we employ 6-7 students each semester to work in the DISH, assist with campus outreach, run our social media accounts, and make connections with community partners. Email Molly Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
We understand that life happens and that you may miss a pick-up time. If possible, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or giving us a call at 617-228-2045. At the end of each day, we send reminder emails to orders that have not been picked up. You have 2 pantry days to come get your order before it is re-shelved. For example, if you miss your pick-up time on Monday, you have until Wednesday at 4 p.m. to come get your order. If you do not pick up your order, it will be re-shelved and the points will be added pack to your account.
Current BHCC students receive 20 points per month, and faculty/staff receive 15 points per month. These points will automatically be loaded onto your Smart Choice account on the first day of each month o Please note that these points do not rollover. For example, if you do not use your points for one month, they will not carry over to the next month
Thanks to our generous community partners, we are able to offer some additional items at the pantry on a first-come, first-serve basis. Frozen meals from Food for Free are available daily— limit 2 per person, per day. On Mondays and Wednesdays after 11:30am, Food Link will drop off donations of bread from local grocery stores and bakeries. These items will be “take what you can use.” Please only take the items that you know you will use, and leave the rest for others.
If you pick up your order and find that the item is not what you expected, please see the front desk staff. They will be able to replenish your points or retrieve another item for you. However, this transaction MUST happen before you leave the DISH Food Pantry, so please check your items before you leave to ensure you are happy with them.
- In order to offer robust professional development opportunities to our campus, we are operating fully with paid student positions at the DISH. At the moment, we do not have any volunteer opportunities.
- If you are interested in volunteering at a food pantry, please visit the Greater Boston Food Bank website (https://www.gbfb.org/get-involved/volunteer/).
- The DISH Food Pantry serves solely current students, staff, and faculty at Bunker Hill Community College. Alumni, unenrolled students, or family/friends of a current student are not eligible to register to use the DISH
- For food assistance in the community, please visit https://www.boston.gov/departments/food-access.
- If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to maintain equity across the campus community and not deplete our inventory, students each receive the same amount of points each month.
- If you are in need of additional food resources, please visit https://www.boston.gov/departments/food-access.