- Yes, the DISH Food Pantry is open for office hours from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- During office hours, BHCC students/staff are welcomed to visit for a frozen Heat 'N Eat Meal, snack, and other items.
- Our staff is also available virtually, Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please contact Molly Hansen at email@example.com for questions.
Please visit the "Using the DISH" tab to learn more about signing up for the DISH Food Pantry.
You may place 2-3 orders per month at the DISH Food Pantry. Please try to make each order at least 5-6 items. You may also use all of your points in one order.
Unfortunately our delivery system has been discontinued effective September 2022. If you are unable to come to campus to pick-up your order, please contact Molly Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that the pandemic has caused increased hardships on our students and their families. If you and your family are in need of additional points, please contact Molly Hansen at 617-228-2045 or email at email@example.com for assistance. Each request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact Molly Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about employment opportunities at the DISH Food Pantry.
On Smart Choice, we offer a variety of non-perishable items, fresh refrigerated and frozen products, and hygiene items. Each item’s point value is based upon serving size and quantity of items available. Your points stretch far—most items are between 1-3 points and will last you for a while!
Current BHCC students receive 35 points per month, and faculty/staff receive 30 points per month. These points will automatically be loaded onto your Smart Choice account on the first day of each month
- Please note that these points do not rollover. For example, if you do not use your points for one month, they will not carry over to the next month
- The DISH Food Pantry serves solely current students, staff, and faculty at Bunker Hill Community College. Alumni, unenrolled students, or family/friends of a current student are not eligible to register to use the DISH
- For food assistance in the community, please visit https://www.boston.gov/departments/food-access.
- If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com