Electric Power Utility Program
Get the training you need for a career in the gas and electric industry. The Electric Power Utility Technology (EPUT) program at Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) created in collaboration with Eversource, Local 369, Utility Workers Union of America and Local 12004 United Steel Workers Union gives students an opportunity to gain real-world job experience.
This two-year program of study includes approximately 12 weeks paid internship with Eversource for students who maintain a C or higher in all courses.
After completing this degree option, students receive an associate in science degree and a certificate in Natural Gas Technology. They will have the experience and qualifications needed to launch a career in electric and gas. Graduates of the program in good standing at Eversource will have the opportunity to interview with Eversource for a potential job.
Careers and Salaries
During break, students in the Electric Power Utility program participate in a paid internship at Eversource while they complete a for-credit internship course. Over school breaks, students participate in ten to twelve-week paid work experiences. Students are paid $13-14 an hour (subject to change).
Successful graduates of the Electric Power Utility Technology program Associate of Science at BHCC are guaranteed an interview at Eversource.
The current starting salary range for laborers in Massachusetts is approximately $30 an hour, with additional compensation for overtime.
To continue in the Electric Power Utility Technology Program, students must earn a C or better in all of their courses and remain in good academic standing.
Eversource offers tuition assistance to enrolled students up to $600 per semester.
Want to learn more?
Spend some time exploring the BHCC campus and engage with a career advisor during an EPUT information session. Learn about Electric Power Utility Technology program Associate of Science at BHCC, the application process and everything you need to get started. Information sessions take approximately one hour.
Informations sessions dates will be posted in advance of the schedule.
Upcoming Information Sessions
|Tuesday, January 7||5:30 - 6:30 p.m.||E175||Register|
|Tuesday, February 4||5:30 - 6:30 p.m.||E175||Register|
|Tuesday, March 3||5:30 - 6:30 p.m.||E175||Register|
Ready to Apply?
- Learn more and get your questions answered at an information session.
- Apply now to Bunker Hill Community College. select Electric Power Utility Technology (EPUT) Program.
- During the BHCC application process, you’ll need to provide your final high school transcript with graduation date and offical transcripts from any previous colleges and universities attended.
- Satisfy the College Placement Test (CPT). Visit the Assessment Center website to review waiver options or review practice materials.
- Admissions to the Electric Power Utility Technology (EPUT) program is selective and not guaranteed. Applicants must test into college level math and English or submit proof that this requireemnt has been met by previous coursework.
Once accepted to the Electric Power Utility Technology program, Eversource requires students to undergo a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check, and to pass a drug test. Any student who fails any of these will be ineligible to enroll in the Electric Power Utility Technology program curriculum.
Learn more about Eversource
Visit the Eversource website.