BHCC is offering a free Medical Interpreting program for people who are fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, or Mandarin Chinese
10 Week Medical Interpreters Program
In collaboration with Brigham and Women's Hospital, the program is:
- 60 hours of remote instructions and up to 20 hours prep for national exam - NBCMI (National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters)
- 40 hours Internship at BWH, dates to be determined; this is required to work in a hospital
Program will focus on the following languages
- Mandarin Chinese
Prospective students will need to show proficiency in one of these languages before they are elegible for enrollment.
- Pass the language fluency test and an oral assessment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 and Hepatitis B will be required before internship
- Program requirements: Students must be able to commit to 80% attendance and all R3 program requirements to successfully complete
There are 18 seats available. The program is an R3 free program. Students with the greatest financial need considered first.
- Medical Interpreters have a project occupational growth of 9 % in the greater Boston area with an hourly wage range of 17.00-20.00 per hour.
Rapid Recovery & Reemployment (R3) Financial Assistance
Eligible for Financial Assistance under Rapid Recovery & Reemployment (R3) Short-term Training.
In order to determine your eligibility for tuition assistance, please complete the R3 application to learn how R3 may be able to support your career goals. If you have any questions beyond eligibility, please contact us at BHCC.R3@bhcc.edu.
Learn more about Rapid Recovery & Reemployment (R3) Short-term Training.