Frequently Asked Questions
Prospective students should go to bhcc.edu/admissions and contact an admissions counselor.
If you require an F1 Visa to study in the United States, you must apply to the College through the International Center. Please visit our International Center at bhcc.edu/internationalcenter/.
Please contact our Boston Welcome Back Center.
Nursing admission requirements:
- Attend one MANDATORY Nursing information session.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED/HISET certificate.
- Complete the following courses:
- One year of high school chemistry with lab or one semester of college chemistry with lab with a grade of C or better.
- MAT097 Fundamentals of Algebra or placement above MAT097.
- BIO203 Anatomy and Physiology I/Lab with a grade of C or better. (credits for Anatomy and Physiology/Lab that were earned more than five (5) years prior to enrollment in the nursing program are not accepted).
- ENG111 College Writing I with a grade of C or better
Prospective students should go to bhcc.edu/admissions and contact an admissions counselor or come in and meet with an admission counselor so that they can over your nursing application.
No, the science course will not be accepted if the lab portion of the course is online.
No, applicants must have successfully completed these science courses within 5 years of entering the Registered Nursing Program.
All prerequisite nursing courses must be completed before you apply to the nursing program.
Yes, the Test of Essential Academic Skills VI (TEAS VI) is required. Applicants applying to the nursing program must score at least 60 percent in all four subjects: Reading, English, Math and Science to be considered for the nursing program.
Applicants are not required to take the TEAS test at BHCC; you may register for any location. The test is designated as TEAS Nursing.
You can register for the TEAS on the following website https://www.atitesting.com/. You will need to create an account to register and complete the exam.
If an applicant has taken the TEAS VI test twice within a 12 month period prior to application, the highest scores on the same TEAS VI admission test will be used for admission decisions. A maximum of 2 tests taken during the 12 month period will be reviewed. If staff is provided with more than 2 within the 12 month period, only the 2 latest will be considered.
Please visit the Apply Now page to apply.
Please go to the bottom of page and under the Selective Admission Program click the red button that says Apply Now to apply to the Registered Nursing Program.
For further questions about the Nurse Education Program please email the Nursing Administrative Assistant Emily Flanagan at email@example.com.