The DISH Food Pantry is available for current students, faculty, and staff members at Bunker Hill Community College. Our pantry offers flexible and convenient on-campus pick-ups in B101 and in our refrigerated lockers as well as Grab & Go Hours during the week.
Grab & Go Hours
The DISH Food Pantry offers Grab & Go Hours as a no-barrier access point for Bunker Hill community members to pick-up snacks, frozen meals, and fresh produce. There is no registration or identification needed to visit our Grab & Go Hours. In order to increase access, our pantry now offers office hours at the following times and locations:
Grab and Go Main Office: B-101
Monday - Friday, 11 a.m-3 p.m.
G Building Grab and Go: G Building Student Lounge (2nd Floor)
Monday - Friday, 3-7 p.m
Grocery Pickups: B-101 and in the Smartlockers
By appointment/online order only
Apply online and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
Fourth Floor Student Lounge
Monday and Tuesday, 2 p.m.- 8 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Pantry Pick-Up Program
The DISH Food Pantry also offers staple pantry items, baby products, and hygiene supplies through our Pantry Pick-Up Program. Pick-up orders from B101 are available Monday through Friday by appointment. Pick-up orders from the lockers are available all day, evenings, and Saturdays from our DISH & Dash Lockers (located on Charlestown and Chelsea campuses). Please note that our delivery system has been discontinued.
Pantry Pick-Up Program & Smart Choice Instruction Guide.
- All users must first fill out the DISH Intake Form. This will verify Bunker Hill affiliation as well as gather some additional information for our advocacy work and reporting requirements.
- Once completed, you will receive a username and PIN to use in Smart Choice, our food pantry ordering software. This email will also have information about how to place an order.
- If you do not have access to a computer to fill out the form, please contact the DISH Food Pantry at 857-262-1412 or email@example.com
- Every student has 35 points per month to shop in the DISH Food Pantry. Faculty and staff have 30 points per month to use at the DISH Food Pantry.
- You may use your points for up to 4 orders throughout the month. Please try to do substantial orders of at least 5-6 items per order. You are also able to use all of your points in one order. Points refresh on the first of every month, and do not roll over from month to month.
- Once you complete your order, click on the green '"Checkout" button in the bottom right of the screen. You will then be able to select a day, time, and location (Charlestown: B101 or lockers or Chelsea lockers) for your pick-up. You will receive an email reminder and a locker access code via text and/or email on the day of your selected pick-up.
Our inventory will vary, but we typically offer the following types of items:
- Fresh produce (typically onions, carrots, and potatoes)
- Frozen chicken, fish, and turkey
- Pasta & rice
- Canned beans
- Tuna/canned meat
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Canned fruits & vegetables
- Hygiene products such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, and deodorant
- Specialty items such as gluten/dairy/nut-free products and baby food/items
In order to ensure that we have enough for everyone, there may be limits placed upon popular items such as hygiene items, frozen meat/vegetables, and produce. These limits will be automatically placed on all Smart Choice accounts. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.