Faces of Leadership Conference
Friday, March 30, 2018
9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. | BHCC Gymnasium
Presented by the Office of Student Activities
in collaboration with BHCC Athletics, Career Advancement, Community Engagement and Learning Communities
Admission is FREE to all BHCC students and includes meals and refreshments
This conference will examine leadership in four critical areas:
- Leadership as Identity: who we are is our STRENGTH
- Leadership as Dialogue: how we speak is our METHOD
- Leadership as Social Change: how we connect is our INFLUENCE
- Leadership as Engagement: how we lead is our POWER
All participants will receive a Certificate of Completion!
About the Speaker
Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington
President and Founder, Washington Consulting Group
Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington serves as the President and Founder of the Washington Consulting Group, a Multicultural Organizational Development Firm out of Baltimore, MD. Dr. Washington has served as an educator, administrator, and consultant in higher education for over 30 years Dr. Washington is the President and a Founder of the Social Justice Training Institute. He also serves as Visiting Assistant Professor of Religion and Social Ethics at Winston Salem State University.
- Dr. Washington serves on the board of Many Voices, A Black Church Movement for LGBT person: and Campus Pride, and Beyond Diversity. He serves as a trustee for the American College Personnel Association.
- Dr. Washington earned his B.S. degree from Slippery Rock State College, and a double Masters’ of Science degrees from Indiana University/Bloomington. He holds a Ph.D. is in College Student Development, from the University of Maryland College Park. Dr. Washington also holds a Masters of Divinity from Howard University School of Divinity.
- He is a writer, speaker, coach, consultant, teacher and trainer. He has spoken all over the US, as well as in Canada and South Africa. He serves as the Co Pastor of Unity Fellowship and is the proud grandfather of 5 and great uncle to 3.
- Known as “The Engagement Specialist”, he sees himself as an instrument of change. He works everyday to help people find the best in themselves and others. He lives by the words of one of his favorite songs: