Per the terms of your registration Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA), those eligible to receive IRS Form 1098-T will receive the form in an electronic format instead of through the mail. If you want your parent(s) or another authorized person to access your 1098T form, you may grant them proxy access permission in self-service. You also have the right to opt out of electronic delivery. To opt-out:
- Visit this link for Student Self-Service
- Enter your User ID and password to log on
- Click on Tax Information
- Click on Change Preferences
- Click on Withhold my consent and then save
To grant proxy access permission complete the Request to add an Authorized User form
What are the "Benefits" of receiving the 1098-T Form electronically versus through the regular postal mail?
- Provides access to the form 1098-T up to two weeks earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up is easy and secure and students can change their minds and withdraw at any time.
- Students can receive their 1098-T Form even while traveling or on assignment away from home.