2018 Commencement Information
- April 14, 2018 – Deadline to apply graduation for Spring 2018 graduation candidates. Students will still be able to apply for Spring 2018 graduation (to be awarded a degree or certificate) after April 14, but will not be eligible to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
- April 14, 2018 – Deadline to apply to participate in Commencement for Summer 2018 graduation candidates who have 7 credits or fewer to complete during the summer semester. Students will still be able to apply for summer graduation after April 14, but will not be eligible to participate in Commencement.
Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates earning a degree or certificate. It is sometimes referred to as “graduation” but the ceremony is NOT the same as being awarded a degree or certificate. To be awarded your degree or certificate, you will need to apply for graduation by submitting the graduation application in Student Self-Service. The Academic Records office will then review your coursework to ensure you have completed the program requirements and met the graduation requirements (for example, minimum GPA requirement).
Eligibility Requirements to Participate in Commencement
- Fall 2017 graduates who have been awarded their degree or certificate
- Spring 2018 students who will complete program requirements by the end of the spring semester and who have submitted a graduation application and received communication that they are eligible to graduate
- Summer 2018 students who have 7 or fewer credits remaining to complete their degree requirements:
- AND are registered for summer I and/or summer II in these remaining 7 credits*
- AND have submitted a Summer Graduation Application**
- AND have received communication from Academic Records that they are eligible to participate in Commencement
- *Summer registration begins Tuesday, March 13, 2018. The summer graduation application will be available Wednesday April 4, 2018.
- **The deadline to submit a summer graduation application to walk in May Commencement is Saturday April 14, 2018.
All students expecting to graduate and participate in the May 2018 Commencement must:
- Go online to order a cap and gown. You will receive an email with ordering information.
If you have questions about the ceremony, please attend a Commencement information session. If you have questions on your individual graduation application status, please visit the graduation information website.
Commencement Information Sessions:
- Thursday, March 15 at 1 p.m. in Lecture Hall C202
- Tuesday, March 20 at 1 p.m. in Lecture Hall C202
- Thursday, March 29 at 5 p.m. in Lecture Hall C202
Our Next Commencement
The Bunker Hill Community College Commencement Exercises will take place on Saturday, May 19, 2018.
No guest admittance without a ticket.
No re-admittance without presenting a ticket stub.
Tent opens at 9:30 a.m.
Procession begins at 10:30 a.m.
Ceremony starts at 11 a.m.
Seating options will be restricted for any guest arriving after the event begins.
Backpacks are not permitted. Other bags are subject to inspection.
Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development Secretary Rosalin Acosta will be the keynote speaker at Bunker Hill Community College’s 44th Commencement exercises, which take place on May 19, 2018, on the Charlestown Campus. Read the press release.
Cap and Gown
Check your BHCC email for instructions on how to order your cap and gown. The cap and gown deadline has been extended to April 27, 2018, 5 p.m.
You must be cleared for graduation to receive Cap and Gown reservation through your BHCC email. Your cap and gown will be mailed to the address you provide in your Commencement participation form.
Two guest tickets will be included with your cap and gown. All items will be mailed directly to you at the address you have provided on your Commencement participation form.
Bunker Hill Community College graduates in need of disability-related accommodations should contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at 617-228-2327 or visit the Office in Room E222.
Ticketed Guests in need of special accommodation should contact the Events office at 617-228-2328.
If you would like a photo of yourself receiving your diploma, photos from the ceremony are available for purchase through Commencement Photos Inc. Visit www.cpigrads.com and enter BHCC's online code 26780.