2020 Commencement Information
- April 18, 2020 – Deadline to apply to participate in Commencement for Spring 2020 graduation candidates. Students will still be able to apply for Spring 2020 graduation (to be awarded a degree or certificate) after April 18, but may not be eligible to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
- April 18, 2020 – Deadline to apply to participate in Commencement for Summer 2020 graduation candidates who have 7 credits or fewer to complete during the summer semester. Students will still be able to apply for summer graduation after April 18, but will not be eligible to participate in Commencement.
- May 8, 2020 - Last day to order cap and gown online. Deadline at 5 p.m.
Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates earning a degree or certificate. It is sometimes referred to as “graduation” but the ceremony is NOT the same as being awarded a degree or certificate. To be awarded your degree or certificate, you will need to apply for graduation by submitting the graduation application in Student Self-Service. The Academic Records office will then review your coursework to ensure you have completed the program requirements and met the graduation requirements (for example, minimum GPA requirement).
Eligibility Requirements to Participate in Commencement
- Fall 2019 graduates who have been awarded their degree or certificate
- Spring 2020 students who will complete program requirements by the end of the spring semester and who have submitted a graduation application by the commencement participation deadline, April 18, and received communication that they are eligible to graduate
- Summer 2020 students who have 7 or fewer credits remaining to complete their degree requirements:
- AND are registered for summer I and/or summer II in these remaining 7 credits*
- AND have submitted a Summer Graduation Application**
- AND have received communication from Academic Records that they are eligible to participate in Commencement
- *Summer registration and summer graduation application will be available Wednesday, April 15, 2020
- **The deadline to submit a summer graduation application to walk in May Commencement is Thursday, April 23, 2020.
All students expecting to participate in the May 2020 Commencement must:
- Go online to order a cap and gown. You will receive an email with ordering information.
If you have questions about the ceremony, please attend one of the Commencement information sessions. Questions on your individual graduation application status, please visit graduation information website.
Our Next Commencement
The Bunker Hill Community College Commencement Exercises will take place on Thursday, May 21, 2020.
- No guest admittance without a ticket.
- No re-admittance without presenting a ticket stub.
- Tent opens at 9:30 a.m.
- Procession begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Ceremony starts at 11 a.m.
- Seating options will be restricted for any guest arriving after the event begins.
- Backpacks are not permitted. Other bags are subject to inspection.
To be announced.
Cap and Gown
Check your BHCC email for instructions on how to order your cap and gown. You must be cleared for graduation to receive Cap and Gown reservation through your BHCC email. Your cap and gown will be available for pickup at the Bunker Hill Community College bookstore.
Two guest tickets will be included with your cap and gown.
Bunker Hill Community College graduates in need of disability-related accommodations should contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at 617-228-2327 or visit the Office in Room E222.
Ticketed Guests in need of special accommodation should contact the Events office at 617-228-2328.
If you would like a photo of you receiving your diploma, photos from the ceremony are available for purchase through Commencement Photos Inc. The ordering code for BHCC is 2020BHCC.