New International Student Enrollment Checklist
- Access your acceptance letter at bunker.hobsonsradius.com/ssc/zx670mkk0x6G0x670G3O.ssc
- Visit the Assessment website to determine if you need to test. Use the resources on the website to prepare.
- If you have earned college/university credits and would like to transfer them towards your BHCC degree/certificate, review the information on the Transfer Services website.
- You are expected to pay for one semester of tuition and health insurance when you arrive. Review the information about estimated costs, payment methods and deadlines at bhcc.edu/studentpayment.
- Arrival in Boston – We recommend for you to arrive in Boston two weeks before the start of the semester to allow enough time for class registration and for you to settle in.
- Housing – Make sure to arrange for housing before departing your home country. For more information visit bhcc.edu/internationalcenter/practicalmatters/
- Complete the immunization form https://www.bhcc.edu/media/03-documents/academicrecordsforms/UpdatedImmunizationForm2018.pdf with your doctor. Learn more about immunization requirements here at bhcc.edu/immunizations.
- If you are required to, but have not yet done so, complete the College Placement Test.
- All new international students must attend:
- Advising and Registration Session. At this orientation you will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes,
- New Student Day. You will be provided with a complete overview of the college, and all of the information you will need to have a successful start to the semester.
- Mandatory Immigration Check-in Session. You will receive an email with an invitation for you to sign up.
- Be ready to pay for your courses by the deadline. Visit bhcc.edu/studentpayment for deadlines. Payment options are:
- Pay in full at your myBHCC account and select pay on my account; or
- Create a BHCC automatic payment plan online on your myBHCC account (first payment due at time of plan creation plus a $35 non-refundable enrollment fee); or
- Submit a third party commitment or sponsorship letter to the Student Central Office; or
- Pay via international wire transfer, see bhcc.edu/internationalpayments. If you choose this option, you must start the process before leaving your country. Please email us at email@example.com with the receipt confirmation of your transfer.
- You must purchase BHCC-sponsored student health insurance. See bhcc.edu/healthinsurance.
- Submit completed Immunization Record https://www.bhcc.edu/media/03-documents/academicrecordsforms/UpdatedImmunizationForm2018.pdf to BHCC Student Central.
- Purchase your books at bhcc.bncollege.com
- Transportation: If you will be driving please see information for parking pass at bhcc.edu/parking. if you will be taking public transportation and would like to purchase a semester pass please see bhcc.edu/handbook/campusresources. For more information on public transportation in Massachusetts please see www.mbta.com
- Review the academic calendar at bhcc.edu/academic-calendar for important dates and deadlines.
We look forward to seeing you on campus.