2020 SHRM Learning System For SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
At this time, classes are only being conducted as "Remote Synchronous", meeting live online via a video conferencing platform with online course materials. See below for instruction modality. See Fall 2020 Course Delivery Info
|Course Delivery||Meeting Type||Description|
|REMOTE SYNCHRONOUS||Video-Conference Meetings||This class will not meet face-to-face on campus. It will meet remotely during the scheduled times listed. Course materials will be online.|
Define yourself as an HR Leader with SHRM Certification
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know–but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you're prepared with Bunker Hill Community College's SHRM Learning System course, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive 12 week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
Society for Human Resource Mgt Global Learning SystemBSN-124E
Designed by global subject matter experts, this course covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) which encourages human resource professionals to acquire the competencies and knowledge they’ll need to perform their jobs effectively and be successful in their careers. Learn to retain study materials effectively and efficiently through a combination of expert instruction and peer discussion. You must buy the book from the College bookstore located at the main campus, 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Boston, MA to participate in the class. If you do not purchase the book from the bookstore, you will not be able to join the class. Go to www.bhcc.edu/shrm/ for instructions in how to purchase your book and obtaining your license.
|Section||Dates||Days and Times||Instructor||Fee||Register|
|BSN-124E-FT1||Sep 8 - Dec 1|
Tuesday at 6 - 9:15 p.m.
(Ends September 12)
|BSN-124E-FS1||Sep 23 - Nov 21|
Wednesday at 6 - 8 p.m.
and Saturday at 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
(Ends September 27)
Tuition does not include the cost of book, which must be purchased from the bookstore.
Book Ordering Instructions for BSN-124E “SHRM Learning System"
You must buy the book from the College bookstore located at the main campus located at 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Charlestown, MA and not from anywhere else. The book from the college bookstore is tied to a license that will be activated once you email your receipt to Jack Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Without a receipt from the college bookstore, you will not be able to get a license and therefore, will not be able to join the class.
Book cost is separate and can be purchased at the bookstore, online, or in-person. If you wish to buy the book in person, please call the bookstore before you go as hours may change due to COVID-19. The bookstore is located on the 4th floor of the E-Building at the main campus, 250 New Rutherford Avenue in Charlestown, MA.
If purchasing online, please visit https://www.bkstr.com/bhccstore and under "Shop By Courses," click "Enter Course." Select the term with the word "Elevate (WFD)" in it. Under "Shop By Course," select the course number inside the Department Box. Once the course is selected, the Course and Section field boxes will automatically populate. Click "Find Materials for 1 Course(s)." Select New or Used. Your book will be mailed to you. Shipping charges apply after COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
If you need to talk to a bookstore representative, please call 617-228-2304.
You must email your receipt to Jack Chan at email@example.com. Once your receipt has been received, you will be issued your license.
Classroom Sessions Include
- A high-level review of course material
- Interactive discussions and learning activities focused on the practical application of HR competencies and knowledge
- Sample assessment questions
- Study and test taking tips
Alternative student loans through private lenders can be used by non-degree students if no other source of funding is available. Students can search for private loans and apply at their own discretion.
Why Enroll in Our Course?
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the 2020 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
BHCC's program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
Benefits to You
You'll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement.
- Earning up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Benefits To Your Employer
Certification benefits your entire organization:
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the global SHRM BoCK™.
Who Should Enroll In This Course?
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
|Credential||Less than a Bachelor's Degree*||Bachelor's Degree||Graduate Degree|
|SHRM-CP||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||1 years in HR role||2 years in HR role||Currently in HR role||1 years in HR role|
|SHRM-SCP||6 years in HR role||7 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||5 years in HR role||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role|
|A SHRM-CP credential holder is eligible to sit for the SHRM-SCP exam after
successful completion of one three-year SHRM-CP recertification cycle.
* "Less than a bachelor's degree" includes: working towards a bachelor's degree; associate's degree; some college; qualifying HR certificate program; high school diploma; or GED.
Advancing your career.
If you're not interested in certification but want to improve your HR skills, this course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core behavior and technical competencies and increase productivity in the workplace.
As an official SHRM Education Partner, we are able to build our course on the SHRM Learning System, giving you access to the most comprehensive, effective and up-to-date exam preparation tools available. The SHRM Learning System delivers:
- EFFECTIVE AND PROVEN RESULTS. Candidates who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the average exam pass rate.
- ONE SOURCE FOR KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION. All the study tools you need to understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR knowledge.
- CURRENT AND RELEVANT CONTENT. The SHRM Learning System has been updated to align with the 2018 SHRM BoCK, the defined standard for knowledge and competencies required of HR professionals around the world.
- CONVENIENT 24/7 ONLINE ACCESS to your study tools from any mobile device, tablet, or computer.
The SHRM Learning System is comprised of four modules of study based on the SHRM BoCK:
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
Contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.