Students who are admitted into the program must provide proof of the following vaccines/immunizations:
Due: 1 month prior to the start of clinical:
- Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis: (TdaP) vaccination required within the past 10 years, then a Td booster every 10 years.
- MMR- evidence of two live vaccinations or immune titer results required.
- Hepatitis B- Evidence of three doses of Engerix-B or Recombivax-HB formulations of the hepatitis B vaccine on a 0, 1, 6 month schedule or 2 doses of the Heplisav-B formulation on a 0 and 1 month schedule. Test for hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs) 1-2 months after final dose in the series to document immunity.
- Varicella (chickenpox) - evidence of two vaccinations or immune titer results required.
- Meningitis- Menveo or Menactra dose required after 16th birthday for all newly enrolled students between 16-21 years old (these vaccines are known as MenACWY, formerly listed as MCV4).
- Physical Exam: The exam must be within 1 year of the program start date
Due by: October 15 (annually)
- Influenza Vaccination: required by October 15th (annually).
Due Between: June 15 - August 15 (Fall Admission); October 15 –December 15 (Spring Admission)
- Tuberculosis Screening. Student must receive either IGRA- serology (T-SPOT or Quantaferon GOLD) or Mantoux testing (PPD). If a student has a positive (PPD) please contact the health coordinator for further instructions.
Notes: If a titer is drawn, the student is required to submit the lab results to Health Services. Any result that is negative/indeterminate/equivocal will be considered a negative result requiring revaccination.