Reverse Transfer

Through Reverse Transfer, students who did not complete their associate’s degree prior to transferring may apply credit earned at a four-year institution back to their community college to complete the associate degree requirements.

Reverse Transfer Application

Students who transferred from Bunker Hill to a Massachusetts state university or UMASS campus who have not completed their associate degree may participate in Reverse Transfer.

Learn more about reverse transfer and complete the Reverse Transfer Participation form and FERPA authorization.

Students who are NOT attending one of the Massachusetts State Universities or UMASS campuses may participate in Reverse Transfer.  Students must have an official transcript sent to the Academic Records from all colleges attended since leaving BHCC and email the Transfer Services Office to discuss the Reverse Transfer guidelines and policy.  Send your request to and write “reverse transfer” in the subject line and make sure to include your BHCC student ID number. The Transfer Services staff will conduct an audit of your academic record and will let you know if you are eligible to participate in reverse transfer.


Charlestown Campus, Room N210