Learn and Earn
BHCC’s Learn and Earn program places students in Greater Boston’s top corporations, small business, non-profit and civic organizations for a hands-on experience. It introduces the possibility of new careers and new lives. Launched with the support of the Massachusetts Competitive Partnership (MACP) in spring 2012, five firms sponsored 20 student interns working one or two days per week. Today, the program has expanded to serve over 150 students a year working 16 to 40 hours per week, supported by over 25 partners. The program promotes student accessibility, diversity, retention, and completion.
- Learn and Earn offers paid internships in corporations, civic organizations, small businesses, cultural organizations and non-profits.
- Positions available for many majors and all GPAs.
- Pay is at least $18/hour with a one-time travel stipend (ranging from $180-$500).
- There is a required three credit internship course INT-299. Many majors already require this class.
- Academic status: active degree or certificate seeking BHCC student enrolled in a minimum of two courses (the required internship course counts as one of these).
- Ideal candidates will have completed 12 credits.
- International students:
- Must have completed a fall and spring semester of at least 12 credits each.
- Must have internship course listed in their program of study.
- Create GradLeaders profile.
- Update and upload resume in GradLeaders
- Apply for internship positions for which you are eligible
- Mock interviews with Internship and Career Development staff and volunteers are encouraged
Finding and applying for a Learn and Earn internship takes time but there are many resources on campus to help you. Visit the BHCC’s Learn and Earn coordinator in B101E or the Part-Time Learn and Earn Coordinator in B226C to support you in this process.