Registration and Costs
- Student must register for minimum of one course ($110 per course as of 9/14). Credit courses are charged at the rate of enrollment for other credit courses ($141 per credit as of 9/14).
Registration for credit courses are done through he BHCC website or in person at the enrollment services area in B Building at the Charlestown campus.
Non-credit individual registration is done through the Office of Community Education. For further information visit the BHCC website at bhcc.mass.edu/ce or call 617-228-2462.
- For those outside agencies who wish to purchase a 4-part course through Workforce Development, contracts for an agency and its participants will be completed through WFD. Contact Jack Chan at email@example.com for further information about this option.
- For non- credit courses, student must meet the prerequisite set down in course description, but this will be done on an honor system at registration rather than through the collection of transcript data. This means we will take your word that you meet the prerequisite before enrolling into the course, or individual courses. At the successful completion of all four courses, if you cannot prove you have the prerequisite by way of an official college transcript, your petition for college credit will be denied.
- To receive prior learning credits, student must provide proof of prerequisite completion through transcript data to the PLAP Coordinator.
- Students may take courses with some time lapse in between registrations, but all four courses must be completed within 24 months to be eligible for credit through PLAP.
- If there is a time lapse between courses, students taking one course at a time will have to check back on the website regularly to see when the next course is offered. Courses may be taken in any order, except the coaching course that must be taken last.
- Course courses will be capped at maximum of 20 and minimum of 15 for the first three courses of each course; caps for the fourth course will be minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 due to the greater intensity required in the coaching/mentoring model. Those sessions without minimum enrollment will be cancelled.
- Refunds of registration will be done through Continuing Education based on its refund policy for all courses.
Each course contains four courses. While a student may enroll in one course, only (a minimum of 10 hours of course instruction), all four courses must be taken to earn 3 college credits.
Costs, If Purchased as an Agency for On-Site Delivery at the Workplace.
Whole courses (4 courses in one topic) or only one course may be purchased. For more information, contact Jack Chan for costs and further information.
To Purchase Seats as an Agency:
Contact Jack Chan at the Workforce Development Center at 617-228-2157, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are able to recruit a minimum of 12 employees as a cohort to take a course or the entire course, Jack can arrange for the instructor to travel to your site to deliver the instruction. You will have to provide a suitable parking spot for the instructor.