Rapid Recovery & Reemployment (R3) Short-term Training
BHCC’s Rapid Recovery and Reemployment (R3) Program is a unique opportunity that allows students or community members impacted by the COVID-19 economic downturn to get back in the game with possible financial support. Eligible participants may have access to full tuition and materials scholarships. These short-term trainings will allow a student to study over a shorter period of time, develop skills in a field, and earn an industry-recognized credential, which makes them employable quicker. Students will be required to meet attendance and other requirements to access all funding opportunities.
Through this program, candidates will receive specialized training, career-planning and placement services leading to employment opportunities. R3 is designed to support and advance student outcomes in the areas of IT, and Healthcare.
Individuals with a high school diploma/equivalency or higher are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Students who are unemployed or demonstrate great financial need will be considered first especially if you do not have financial assistance through another resource.
- Are you unemployed or working part time making less than 17.00 per hour?
- New to the workforce?
- Have you received a Pell grant?
- Are you collecting food stamps or other transitional assistance benefits?
- Do you live in subsidized housing?
If you have questions about your eligibility or the requirements, please contact Lateia Johnson, R3 Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an online application at https://bunkerhillcc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d4gP6TMmyo2xIQS
- Complete an intake call with Coordinator
- If eligible, registration and class information will be forwarded via email.
R3 Approved Courses
- Medical Interpreting and a new Home Health Aide program
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
- IT Support Technician Certificate
- Cybersecurity Training Certificate
- Cisco Networking Technology Certification
- Google IT Support Specialist
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technician
- Dental Assisting Technician
- EKG - Electrocardio Technician combined with Phlebotomy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- HiSet Starter program - Students who need to complete their high school equivalence through HiSet, state approved credential, will have the opportunity to access our testing prep program and exams, free of charge, if they commit to enroll in one of the above short term training programs. For example, you can enroll in HiSet for fall, test in December and enroll for next available training section.