BHCC Faculty & Staff Publications
New online issue of Teaching for Our Times: Teaching for our Times: Centering Equity and Cultural Wealth is a digital and open-access journal that publishes scholarly work from the BHCC community. The 2022 issue tells the story of the ELL program reform at BHCC – now institutionalized in our curriculum – and details the need and efforts to create more equitable access for our ELL students.
- Assar, Kathleen E, Total Quality Management in the College Environment. Bunker Hill Community College, April 1993.
- Bernard, Jean M., Donna Moss, and Lynda Terrill, Collaborations: English in Our Lives. Heinle; Heinle Publishers, 1997.
- Bonah, R. Brent, The Language Lens. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1973.
- Boron, Marion, Music appreciation syllabus competency - performance based for project renewal. The Massachusetts State College System. Music Department at Boston State College. August 18, 1976.
- Deeb, Dennis J. II, The Collapse of Middle East Peace: The Rise & Fall of the Oslo Peace Accords. New York, N.Y.: IUniverse, Inc; 2003.
- Dunbar, Shirley E., "I Found a Dollar Walking Home": A Workbook for Improving Writing Skills. Lexington, MA: Ginn Custom Pub., c1976.
- Gross, Herbert, Gateways to Mathematics. San Clemente, CA: Control Systems Engineering, 1984. Mathematics, Algebra by Example: An Elementary Course. Lexington, Mass.: Heath, c1978. Gateways to Mathematics. V.1: Arithmetic: A Chronicle of Human Endeavor. San Clemente, CA : Control Systems Engineering, c.1984.
- Klayman, Richard, America Abandoned, John Singleton Copley's American Years, 1738-1774. Lanham: University Press of America, 1983. The First Jew: Prejudice and Politics in an American Community, 1900-1932. Malden, MA: Old Suffolk Square Press, 1985. A Generation of Hope, 1929-1941. Malden, MA: Old Suffolk Square Press, 1987. Goodbye, Again. Bassett: Bassett Books, 1993.
- Lowenstein, Sharyn and Todd Peaco, Frame by Frame: A Visual Guide to College Success. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 19--.
- Myers, Nancy, Algebra for College Students. Columbus, OH: Merrill Publishing Company, 1989. Algebra and Trigonometry For College Students. New York: Van Nostrand, c1980. Algebra for College Students [Boston, Mass]: Bunker Hill Community College, c1991. Beginning Algebra for College Students. Columbus: Merrill Pub. Co., c1989. The Math Book. New York, Hafner Press . Mathematics for electronics. Minneapolis/St. Paul: West Pub. Co., c1993. Trigonometry for College Students. Columbus: Merrill Pub. Co., c1989.
- Pennel, Lori, Entrepreneurial New Ventures by Joel Corman, Robert Lussier & Lori Pennel. 2 ed. Cincinnati, OH: Atomic Dog Publishing, 2005. Small Business Management: A Planning Approach by Joel Corman, Robert Lussier & Lori Pennel. 2 ed. Mason, OH : Thomsom Custom Publishing, 2005.
- Salisbury, Luke, The Answer is Baseball: A Book of Questions that Illuminate the Great Game. New York: Times Books, 1989. Blue Eden. Brooklyn: Smith, 1996. The Cleveland Indian: The Legend of King Saturday. Brooklyn: The Smith, 1992. Hollywood and Sunset. [United States]: Shambling Gate Press, 2005. Suffer. Story. Stories, Tenth Year. #27, 1992 p.8-11.
- Shively, Harold E, Bunker Hill Community College, the First Twenty Years: Reflections of a Founding President. Boston: Bunker Hill Community College, 1994.
- Shore, Stephen M, Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome. Second Edition. Shawnee Mission, Kan.: Autism Asperger Pub., 2003.
- Surin, Enzo, Higher Ground: a collection of poems. Finishing Line Press, December 2006.
- Tenore, Elizabeth J., and Shirley E. Dunbar, One Step Beyond: A Systems Approach to Delivering Individualized Instruction; A Handbook for the Tenore Plan. Pittsfield, MA: Berkshire Community Press, Inc., 1979.
- Tsakarissianos, Anna, Guide for foreign students studying in Seville, BHCC Brochure, 16 p.
- Vacro, John L, Accountants' General Ledger. Boston: PWS-Kent Publishing Company, 1990.
- Vasile, Albert, Speak with Confidence: a Practical Guide. Cambridge, Mass.: Winthrop Publishers, c1977.
- Wickes, Jill Hunter, College Writing II. Acton, MA: Copley Custom Publishing Group, 1995. College Writing. Acton, MA: Copley Custom Publishing Group, 1998.
- Wylie, Thomas E, International Students at Two-Year Colleges: Examination of Research Findings amd Major Issues. A Presentation at the Annual Conference of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. Miami Beach, FL. May 31-June 3, 1994. BHCC, c.1994. An Examination of International Students in Three Public Two-Year Colleges by Thomas F. Wylie. 1993. (Thesis (Ed. D.)
BHCC Faculty, Staff, and Administrators included in larger works
- Ackert, Patricia with Nicki Giroux de Navarro and Jean Bernard, CAUSE & Effect, FACTS & Figures. Boston: Heinle & Heinle Publisher, 1999.
- Chuda, Thomas,* "A Guide for Criminal Justice Training : How to Make Training Easier for Security and Law Enforcement." Journal of Security, June 2000.
- Clifford, Douglas, "Vietnam : reflexes and reflections : the National Vietnam Veterans Art Museum / edited by Eve Sinaiko ; foreword by Sondra Varco ; essays by Anthony F. Janson and Eve Sinaiko ; collection photographed by Michael Tropea." New York : H.N. Abrams, c1998.
- D'Entremont, Michael, * "From Russia with Love: Studying and Teaching in Siberia." Adjunct Advocate. Jan/Feb 2002 pp. 16-17.
- Fifield, Mary, * "Winning the Battle of Bunker Hill: with Vision, Community Ties and Collaboration" by Tony Martinez and Alison Martinez. The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education. March 8, 2004. v.14, no.11. pp.2-4.
- Johnston, Wanda K. with a contribution by Diane Smith, * "Library and Learning Resource Programs: Evaluation and Self-Study." Chicago: The American Library Association, 1998.
- Massey, David, * "A Case of Colonial Collaboration: The Hut Tax and Migrant Labour." Botswana Notes & Records v.10. pp. 95-98., * "Class, Racism and Busing in Boston." Antilope: A Radical Journal of Geography. v.8 no.2 May 1976. pp.37-49, * "Class Struggle and Migrant Labor in South African Gold Mines." Canadian Journal of African Studies. 1981. pp.429-448, * "The Development of a Labor Reserve: The Impact of Colonial Rule on Botswana." Boston University African Studies Center Working Papers. [n.d.][29 p.]
- McLaughlin, Timothy,* "Longer, Deeper, Better" by Jay Simmons and Timothy McLaughlin. Teaching English in the Two-Year College. May 2003, v.30, no.4. pp. 416-430.
- Salisbury, Luke,* Suffer. Story "Stories, Tenth Year." #27, 1992 p.8-11.
(*)Books or journals are not found in NOBLE network
- Teaching For Our Times: A journal of good teaching practice. Volume I, 1999 Volume II, 2000 Volume III, 2001 Volume IV, 2004 Volume V, 2006 Volume VI, 2008
- Reflections (Memories of the BHCC experience written by our long-term employees and retirees)
- BHCC Faculty and Staff News
- Chelsea Update