Placement by High School GPA
If you are a student from a Massachusetts high school, you may be qualified for BHCC’s GPA placement project. This project exempts students from taking the College Placement Test (CPT) or Accuplacer and places students into the appropriate Math and/or English course based on their cumulative high school grade point average.*
To qualify for GPA placement, students must:
- Be from a high school in Massachusetts and identify as one of the following:
- a currently enrolled and active student in 11th or 12th grade.
- a Massachusetts high school graduate from the year you are applying or the last three years.
- If a high school graduate: Have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.7 or higher, or
- If a currently enrolled and active high school student: Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher at the end of their junior year/11th grade.
|I graduated/will graduate from a MA high school between…||Can I submit my weighted or unweighted GPA?|
|01/01/2016 – 12/31/2018||Yes. Please apply for the Spring 2019 semester.|
|01/01/2016 – 8/31/2019||Yes. Please apply for the Fall 2019 semester.|
To be considered for GPA placement, students will need to submit the following when applying to BHCC or upon acceptance:
Submit a copy of their official high school transcript that shows your cumulative GPA, or a copy of any other official, signed document as proof of your cumulative GPA for evaluation. The deadline to submit documents for the GPA placement project is the schedule adjustment deadline (add/drop) for the current semester.
You can submit your document(s) electronically to email@example.com, by fax to (617) 228-3481 or in person to the Admissions Office. Once your transcript or proof of GPA document is reviewed, the Admissions staff will contact you and let you know the next steps.
Please note that if you are placed into college level math and English, you can choose not to enroll in those courses prior to the end of the schedule adjustment period. Fill out the Declining Participation for GPA Pilot Program waiver form and email a scanned copy or photograph of your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the GPA placement project, please email the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
* Although you will not be required to take Accuplacer, you still have the option to take the Math placement test for possible higher placement in Math.