Using the DISH
The DISH Food Pantry is available for current students, faculty, and staff members at Bunker Hill Community College. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, the DISH Food Pantry is delivering food/hygiene items to students/staff who live within 10 miles of the Charlestown Bunker Hill Community College campus, as well as offering on-campus pick-ups.
In order to use the DISH Food Pantry,
- All users must first fill out the DISH Intake Form. This will verify Bunker Hill affiliation as well as gather some additional information for our advocacy work and reporting requirements.
- Once completed, you will receive a username and PIN to use in Smart Choice, our food pantry ordering software
- If you do not have access to a computer to fill out the form, please call Molly Hansen at 617-228-2045 for assistance
Using Smart Choice is easy, efficient, and user-friendly.
- Every student has 30 points per month to shop in the DISH Food Pantry.
- Faculty and staff have 25 points per month to use at the DISH Food Pantry.
- Please use all of your points in one single order. Due to increased demand, we are only able to do one delivery or pick-up order per household, per month. Points refresh on the first of every month, and do not roll over from month-to-month.
- When you log into Smart Choice for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your preference for delivery or pick-up, your address, and your phone number. We will use this information to contact you to confirm your delivery or pick-up.
- Once you complete your order, click on the green "check out" button on the bottom righthand side of the screen. Please note that all times listed are flexible and subject to change. By checking out and selecting a time, you are simply confirming your order submission. The Food Pantry Coordinator will contact you via phone or email to confirm the date/time or your pick-up or delivery. We will work with you and your schedule to determine the best option!
Our inventory will vary, but we will provide the following types of items:
- Canned beans
- Tuna/canned meat
- Peanut butter
- Hygiene products such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, and deodorant
- Specialty items such as gluten/dairy/nut-free products and baby food/items
- Fresh milk, eggs, and cheese
- Single-serve yogurt cups
- Frozen chicken, fish, and turkey
In order to ensure that we have enough for everyone, there may be limits placed upon popular items such as milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and frozen meat. These limits will be automatically placed on all Smart Choice accounts. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Download the Smart Choice Instruction guide