The Learning System for PMP Exam Preparation Course
Due to Covid-19 and the social distancing measures in place, the PMP Exam Prep class is only available online.
Position yourself for a big career move with PMP® certification
Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is a proven way to enhance your resume, elevate your career potential, and boost your earnings.
- Earn a higher salary: According to PMI, PMP® credential holders in the US earn 25% more than those without a PMP certification.
- Earn a prestigious certification recognized around the globe.
- Build skills and knowledge that are transferable between industries, market segments and geographic locations.
- Gain an advantage over non-certified project managers.
- Prove your project management knowledge, commitment, and experience.
- Join a global network of over 1,000,000 PMP credential holders.
Learn more about PMP certification benefits at pmi.org.
PMP® EXAM IS CHANGING January 2, 2021
Our course prepares you for the new exam and aligns with the latest PMP Examination Content Outline.
Prepare to pass the PMP® exam
Ensure you're prepared for the rigorous PMP exam with Bunker Hill Community College’s PMP Exam Prep course. This intensive program combines expert instruction with The CertWise® Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation training materials and meets PMI’s 35 contact hour PMP Exam requirement. Our course will help you learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the PMP exam.
Why Enroll in This Course?
- Learn from our experienced and certified PMP instructors.
- Prepare for class and the exam with The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation, included in tuition. This interactive study program includes printed study materials, online quizzes, flashcards, PMP practice test, and more. You will have access to the online study tools for an entire year.
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries.
- Stay on track to complete your PMP studies with our structured learning environment.
- Meet the 35-hour project management education prerequisite.
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
- Earn up to 36 CEUs.
Premium Quality Course Materials
Included in your course registration fees, you will receive The CertWise Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation. This premium quality program combines comprehensive printed reading materials with interactive online study materials to expand, apply and solidify your knowledge to pass the PMP exam.
Comprehensive Reading Materials
- Printed books provide an in-depth exploration of the three domains tested on the PMP exam.
- A glossary of key PMP terminology is included at the end of each chapter, with official PMI® definitions.
- Progress check questions are included at the end of each chapter to help students check their understanding and retention of topics.
- Topics are presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format to cover the PMP® Examination Content Outline and are organized to follow the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition.
Interactive Online Study Tools
Participants will have access to interactive online study tools for one year. These tools provide participants with an opportunity to apply and reinforce concepts, evaluate their knowledge, and monitor their growth throughout the course. Over 900 practice questions are included in the following online tools:
- Pre-test: Evaluate initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness and focus studies.
- SmartStudy™: Build a customized study plan to optimize study time.
- Chapter Quizzes: Test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Process Group Quizzes: Practice test questions by domain area.
- Flashcards: Review important key terms and definitions.
- Practice Exam: Build confidence and set your pace with a timed practice exam.
- Progress Reports: Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center: Access helpful test-taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more.
PMP Prerequisites and Exam Details
Our course is designed to prepare individuals for the PMP Exam. The PMP is highly recommended for experienced project managers looking to advance their skills, career, and earning potential. Candidates must meet education and experience requirements detailed below, agree to a professional code of conduct, and pass the PMP Exam.
Education and Experience Prerequisites
To apply for the PMP, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
Project Management Experience
Project Management Education
Secondary Degree (high school diploma, associate degree or the global equivalent)
Minimum of five (5) years of non-overlapping project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
Minimum of three (3) years of non-overlapping project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
PMP Exam Details
- 180 questions (175 scored questions + 5 unscored/pre-test questions). Questions will be a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank.
- 230 minutes to complete the exam.
- You have a choice of Computer-Based Testing (CBT) administered by Pearson VUE testing centers (paper-based testing is available under limited circumstances), or an Online Proctored Test (OPT) in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored via webcam and microphone.
- Two 10-minute breaks for computer-based tests. No scheduled breaks for paper-based exams.
- Exam content weighted by the three domains from the PMP Examination Content Outline:
- People (42%)
- Process (50%)
- Business Environment (8%)
- Exam eligibility period is one year from your exam application approval date. You may test three times in one year.
- You will receive a printed copy of your exam results immediately after completing your CBT exam. This will include pass/fail status and a proficiency level by domain (Proficient, Moderately Proficient, Below Proficient).
For complete details regarding the PMP eligibility requirements and the PMP exam, please review the PMP® Handbook.
Registration deadline: We accept registration five days before class starts.
Cancellation policy: You may cancel your registration up to two days prior to the start of the class. After the course starts, there is no refund. If it is necessary for BHCC to cancel this class due to low enrollment, we will contact you by phone within two days prior to the start of class. If the class is canceled, your credit or debit card will automatically be refunded.
Program requirements: There are no admission requirements to take this program, however, to be accepted into the PMP program, you must meet strict prerequisites. Review the PMP® Handbook for details.
PMP® Exam requirements: To apply for the PMP, candidates must have a combination of education and professional project management experience. For more information, review the PMP® Handbook.
Order Your Book: Book cost is separate. You must order The CertWise Learning System For PMP Exam Preparation book through the college bookstore either by phone or online. You must buy the book from the College bookstore located at the main campus located at 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Charlestown, MA, and not from anywhere else. The book from the college bookstore is tied to a license that will be activated once you email your receipt to Jack Chan at email@example.com. Without a receipt from the college bookstore, you will not be able to get a license and therefore, will not be able to join the class. If you purchase your text by phone, your materials will be shipped to you free of charge. If you order the book online, shipping charges apply and you bear the cost of shipping. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover.
If purchasing online, shipping charges apply. Please visit https://www.bkstr.com/bhccstore. Under Shop By Course, click Enter Courses. Select the appropriate term. In the Department field, make your selection. In the Select Course field, choose 126E. In the Section field, choose the appropriate section. Then click "Find Materials for (1) Course" box. Order your book.
If you need assistance, please call the bookstore at 617-228-2304.
Additional Course Details
|Book Price||Estimated $530.00|
|Course Materials||The Learning System for PMP® Examination Preparation|
|Online Materials (Included)||Interactive online study tools including quizzes, flashcards, PMP practice tests, and more.|
NOTE: Schedule and location are subject to change.
Contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.
- Project Management Institute (PMI): pmi.org
- PMP Certification: https://www.pmi.org/certifications/project-management-pmp