CMP-100E: Hybrid CompTIA A+ Certification Preparation
- Mondays and Fridays
- 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- October 17 - December 9, 2022
This course is designed for entry-level computer technicians or individuals looking to start a new career in the IT industry. The course will prepare you to sit for the CompTIA A+ certification exam. CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to networking to virtualization and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles. CompTIA A+ appears in more tech support job listings than any other IT credential.
To be successful in this course, students should have a basic understanding of computers, have a curiosity to learn, and are problem solvers. Students will be trained on vendor neutral and non-vendor neutral concepts allowing them to be able to apply for a broad range of jobs spanning from help desk to junior network engineer. Not only is this certification highly regarded as foundational for a career in IT, A+ is often required for employment.
At the successful completion of the course, students will have the base knowledge to sit for the CompTIA A+ 1101 and 1102 exams and will be given test vouchers to take both exams. Students are expected to take the exam within two weeks of course completion.
All course material will be provided by the professor. A+ Certification test vouchers will be provided to students who successfully complete the course.
- Length: Seven weeks of instruction followed by two weeks of mentorship
- Class Meeting Times: Meets two nights per week, 2.5 hours per meeting at five hours per week for a total of 35 hours of instruction.
- Outside Study Time: In addition to class time. it is expected you will put in at least five or more hours a week to complete projects and independent test prep.
- Course Delivery Method: Synchronous, online live via Zoom.
- Mentorship: Immediately following the conclusion of the course, you will have the opportunity to access virtual mentorship meetings with the professor. The purpose of the mentorship is to help you with job search and resume building. The professor will identify meetings times with each student to discuss the students’ goals and specific issues.
- Professor: Nathaniel Bowen
- System Requirement: A Microsoft windows computer is strongly recommended to be successful.
This course is eligible for Financial Assistance
Please contact Lateia Johnson, R3 Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, to determine if you are eligible for financial assistance.
Hybrid CompTIA A+ Certification Preparation (Exam voucher included)CMP-100E
|Section||Dates||Days and Times||Location||Instructor||Fee||Register|
|CMP-100E-N01||Mar 27 - May 12|
Monday, Friday at 5:30-8 p.m.
(Ends Mar 24)
CPT-100E: CISCO Networking Technology Certification
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is an entry-level networking certification that prepares you for networking roles in IT like network specialist, network administrator, and network engineer. This certification is issued by the networking hardware company, Cisco. The CCNA is designed to validate your knowledge on fundamental networking concepts often requested in networking roles in IT positions. To get the CCNA certification you’ll have to pass one exam, the 200-301 CCNA. The objective of this certification prep course is to help you prepare to take this exam. The exam is not included in the course tuition.
Who is this course for?
While there are no prerequisites to take the exam, training and some experience with computer networks are recommended. If you do not have any experience with IT support and do not have a good foundational knowledge of computer concepts, this prep course is not suitable for you. Instead, you should take our CMP-100E "Hybrid CompTIA A+ Certification Prep" course.
Netacad, provided at no extra cost.
The cost of the 200-301 CCNA exam is *$300. Once students pass the Netacad, they will receive a discount towards the purchase of their exam voucher, if they choose to take it.
*Exam cost is subject to change as Cisco is the organizer of the exam.
A Microsoft windows computer is strongly recommended to be successful.
- Meeting Days: T,W,TH
- Meeting Time: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Total Hours of Online Instruction Per Week: 6 hours
- Outside self-independent study time: 5 hours/week.
- Total Number of Weeks: Seven
- Instructional Online Delivery: Zoom
- Class Materials: Netacad, Provided by the Instructor. No Book Purchase Necessary
- Professor: Nathaniel Bowen
- Tuition: $2,499