New Student Days
New Student Day is the name of the second part of our orientation programming for new and transfer students. You will be provided with a complete overview of the college, and all of the information you will need to have a successful start to the semester. During your New Student Day, you will...
- Meet our team of student mentors and learn about our variety of Student Clubs, athletics, volunteer and community engagement opportunities, study abroad programs, the Commonwealth Honors program and other opportunities for BHCC students.
- Take Your Student ID Photo: this card will be mailed to you and it can be used to receive access to special programs and discounts.
- Learn how to prepare for classes and find out where your classes will meet.
- Tour the campus and find out where to go for what you need.
You will also learn about special programs, like:
- The Textbook Assistance Program where you can borrow textbooks for free for the semester.
- Single Stop which presents a monthly Mobile Food Market and helps connect qualified students to financial counseling, housing and other assistance.
- The Learn and Earn Internship Program where qualified students can intern at Fortune 500 companies in Boston, get paid and earn credits towards their degree.
New Student Days
- Plan at least 3 hours for this process.
- Please bring a copy of your class schedule from Advising & Registration if you want to get a Student ID card
- Thursday, July 19 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 21 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, August 2 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, August 4 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 7 at 10 a.m.
- Friday, August 10 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, August 16 at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, August 23 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, August 25 at 10 a.m.
- Friday, August 31 at 10 a.m.
- Make Up Session: Friday, September 7 at 10 a.m. in C202
For questions regarding New Student Days, please call 617-228-2260.