Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Mobile and Tablet Version

International Students

International students

International students are welcome to apply to the Learn and Earn Program. An international student with an F-1 visa becomes eligible to obtain work authorization once he or she completes 24 credits accumulated over a Fall and Spring semester. ESL and developmental courses do not count toward the 24 credits.

Once eligibility is achieved and the international student goes through a successful interview process, a letter of offer from the potential employer should be obtained. The Learn and Earn Coordinator then writes a letter of confirmation that the student is part of the program and has enrolled in the internship course.

With these two letters, the international student may then go to the International Admissions and apply for “CPT” or Curricular Practical Training. The CPT covers one semester of work authorization. The CPT may be extended for one additional semester upon offer by the employer.