Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Mobile and Tablet Version

Prior Course Work

If you have previously attended another college or university, BHCC will evaluate successfully completed courses to see if you are exempt from testing. We will evaluate your course if it meets these requirements:

  • The course(s) must be completed in developmental reading, developmental or college-level English composition/writing, and/or developmental or college-level math.
  • The course must be completed with a grade of C or better.
  • The college or university you attended must be regionally accredited.

You will not take the reading and English portions of the test if you earned a grade of C or better in a college-level English composition/writing course. 

If you earned college-level coursework in math outside the United States and you have had that work translated and equated in to US equivalencies on a course by course basis, you may not need to take the math test.

You may use a different placement option if you would like to try to achieve a higher placement.

Unofficial transcripts from other colleges may be used to provide proof of successful completion. Coursework from BHCC can be accessed by you or BHCC staff in our student information system.