Frequently Asked Questions
Degree seeking students are students who pursue an associate’s degree or certificate here at BHCC. These students are eligible to apply for financial aid and have access to our advising department. Non-degree seeking or guest students are students who choose to take a credit course for personal growth or to transfer back to their home institution. These students are not eligible for financial aid and do not have access to our advising department.
Students can search and register for courses, access student planning, make payments for classes, waive health insurance, view their schedule, order a transcript, and view their grades for current and previous semesters.
For navigation assistance (e.g. to view your unofficial transcript, run your degree audit, or search for sections) visit the computer kiosk outside of the Café in the 2nd Floor B-Lobby or visit the Enrollment Desk.
For technical support contact the Student Information Services Hotline at 617-228-3441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Veteran’s Center is in B206 on the Charlestown Campus. Contact and additional information can be found on their website.
The Disability Support Services office is in E222 on the Charlestown Campus. Contact and additional information can be found on their website.
For information, answers to these questions, and frequently asked questions regarding immunizations see the Immunization Requirements page.
- Do I need to complete immunization requirements?
- Do I need to submit my original immunization records?
Personal Information Changes
For information, answers to these questions, and instructions visit the Personal Information Change page:
- How do I change my contact information – address and or phone number?
- How do I change my name?
- How do I provide or correct my SSN? Or my birthdate?
Course Schedule - availability of classes
For information and answers to these questions visit the Class Schedule page.
- Where do if find the class schedule?
- How do I search for classes?
For information and answers to these questions see the Registration Information page.
- How do I register for classes?
- How do I audit a class?
Contact the Academic Records Office.
Complete the Grade Replacement Request form and return it to the Academic Records Office.
Students who are on the waitlist are not actually enrolled in the course yet. If a space opens in the course and the student is next on the waitlist, the student will receive an email to their BHCC email. The student then has until the end of that business day to register for the course. If the student does not register, an email will be sent to the next person on the waitlist the following day.
Registration: Dropping and Withdrawing
Dropping of a class occurs either before the semester starts or during the set Schedule Adjustment period. Dates for the Schedule Adjustment period are available in the Academic Calendar (see below). Students who drop their class(es) will receive a full refund for their course(s) and it will not be listed on their academic transcript.
Withdrawals occur after the Schedule Adjustment period. Students who withdraw from their course(s) will receive a grade of “W” in the course(s) on their transcript and will not be refunded their money. Students are advised to check with Financial Aid and Advising before submitting a withdrawal to find out how it will affect them. See the Withdrawal from Course and College page for more information about withdrawing.
For more information about the refund policy visit the Student Payment’s Refunds page.
For information and answer to the question below see the In-State Tuition Eligibility page.
- What is the criteria to qualify for in-state tuition and fees rate?
For information and answer to these questions visit the Enrollment and Degree Verification page.
- How do I obtain enrollment verification to give to a third-party?
- What do I do if I need a form completed or have some other special request for enrollment verification?
Grades, GPA and Academic Standing
For information and answers to these questions visit the Grades page.
- What are mid-term ratings and where can I view them?
- Where do I view my final grades?
- Who do I talk to about a grade change?
- What criteria do I need to meet to remain in good academic standing?
For information and answers to these questions visit the Academic Transcript page.
• How do I request a copy of my official Bunker Hill Community College transcript?
• What is the cost of a transcript?
• What are my delivery options?
Transfer – Transcripts from Another Institution
For information and answers to these questions visit the Transfer Services page.
- Will BHCC accept an electronic transcript as official?
- How can I find out what courses have been transferred (i.e. been equated to BHCC courses)?
- Who do I contact with questions regarding transferring to BHCC?
- Who do I contact with questions regarding transferring from BHCC to another institution?
Visit the Graduation page for frequently asked questions about graduation.