Did you know? The creative arts is Boston’s third largest career path. Graduates of music programs report high levels of fulfillment with their jobs and learn transferrable skills that serve them well in a range of career paths.
Change your tune—turn your passion for music into a career with the Music Concentration at Bunker Hill Community College.
A robust two-year program, BHCC’s Music Concentration:
- Prepares students to transfer to a four-year institution or pursue a career in Boston’s music industry;
- Provides the core skills that lead to a variety of careers related to music, including performance, music education, music production, composition and music management;
- Focuses on practical training, including private voice and instrument lessons, performance groups and music technology.
Graduates of the program will be able to demonstrate:
- Core music skills, including reading and writing music and a “musical ear”;
- Instrumental or vocal performance skills for a wide variety of music;
- Knowledge of the theory, history and business of music;
- Ability to work creatively in a professional environment.
Employers in Boston are looking for creative individuals. The opportunities for musicians are numerous—from performance to teaching to scoring music for the gaming and advertising industries. Graduates of this program will qualify for entry-level positions in the music business or transfer to four-year institutions.
Music Business, Music Technology, Music Theory, Music History, Piano
Instrument or Voice
Jazz Ensemble, Choir, Popular Music Ensemble