The TLiTC is dedicated to finding new and innovative ways of leveraging instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning at Bunker Hill Community College. With this goal in mind, we offer a variety of resources and services available to BHCC faculty including:
- Twelve high-end, Dell Inspiron One, Intel Core i3, all-in-one, touch screen computers that run industry leading Windows-based production and creative software
- Full working model of a technology-enhanced “smart” classroom for training and practice
- Two HP Scan Jet N6310Flat bed scanners with top loading document feeder for bulk scanning
- Color Laserjet printer for light printing needs (50 pages or less)
- The Center also has two, state-of-the-art, Mac Pro workstations and utilize Final Cut Studio for video editing and Adobe Audition for audio editing used by staff to support project development.
In addition to state of the art equipment needed to produce compelling content, we also have a very talented staff available to work with faculty and offer the following support services:
Instructional Design consultation
Training and support for Instructional Technology platforms including:
- Learning Management System (Moodle)
- e-Portfolio (Digication)
- Lecture Recording (Camtasia Relay)
- Video and audio recording to support classroom and online instruction*
- Microsoft PowerPoint narration with Adobe Presenter
- Lecture capture with Camtasia Relay
- Screen recording and editing with Camtasia Studio
- Turning Technologies Student Response Systems (clickers) for anonymous polling and student driven data collection
- Creation of customized, reusable learning objects
- Training, coordination and facilitation for web conferencing using WebEx Meeting Manager
Finally, we maintain equipment available for BHCC faculty and staff for short-term loan including:
- Five Windows-based laptop computers
- Portable audio recording devices
Please contact the TLiTC at email@example.com in advance to inquire about equipment availability prior to checkout. To learn about our services call us X3427. We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: *In an effort not to compete with the services offered by our colleagues in the Audio Visual department, the services offered by the TLiTC are geared towards assisting faculty with instructional technology projects that are designed to enhance teaching and learning and support classroom, online and hybrid instruction. If projects fall outside of this capacity, please contact Audio Visual for assistance.