Visual Design Option
Associate in Science Professional Studies - Visual and Media Arts
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Approach visual design as a responsive process of problem identification, ideation, and creation.
- Apply design skills in typography, color, image, form, and materials to print and digital media projects.
- Produce portfolio content that is suitable for applying to four-year design programs, internships, and design-related employment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in software applications for drawing, image editing, and layout.
- Use industry standard procedures to produce files and materials for print and digital production.
- Plan and execute projects to meet deadlines and design objectives.
- Practice effective communication and presentation skills necessary to engage in professional visual design practice.
- Engage in creative and analytical discourse about design in order to communicate concepts to colleagues and clients.
- Cultivate habits of life-long learning and creativity.
Graduates of this program will produce a portfolio of design work demonstrating foundation and entry-level skills and knowledge needed for careers in fields such as: advertising, print and digital book design, editorial design, environmental design, experience design, identity design, illustration, information design, in-house design, interaction design, motion graphics, packaging, print design, product design, typography, UX design, and web design.