Studio Arts Option
Associate in Science
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Develop a portfolio in preparation for transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Adapt the fundamental elements and principles of design to individual aesthetic.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Drawing, painting, and creating works in traditional as well as digital technologies and experimental forms.
- Apply the basic principles of color theory.
- Combine conceptual and critical thinking skills as applied to Studio Art
Graduates of this option qualify to transfer to bachelor’s degree-granting colleges or universities. Potential entry level careers in the visual arts, which vary according to the chosen major, may include: Fine Arts, Commercial Arts, Graphic/visual Design, Photography, Sculpture/3-D Designer, Illustration, Animation, Filmmaker, Videography, Architecture/Interior Architecture, Fashion Designer, Art Therapy, Art Education, Art Criticism and Theory, Art Historian, Art Critic, Curator, Gallerist/Art Dealer, Video Game Designer, Audio/Visual Artist, Audio Technician, Web Designer, Display Designer, Product Designer, and more. Students of all these tracks receive the same foundational curriculum within a typical four-year art college.