PC Hardware Support Specialist Certificate Program
Certificate - Computer Information Technology Department
|Course Title||Course Number||Semester Taken||Credits||Prerequisites|
|Applications/Concepts||CIT110||3||ESL098 or RDG095 or placement|
|PC Hardware and Software||CIT182||3||RDG095 or ESL098 or placement|
|Cisco Networking I||CIT162||3||RDG095 or ESL098 or placement|
|Windows Operating Systems||CIT268||3||CIT110 or CIT113 or CIT120 or Chair approval|
|Help Desk Techniques||CIT230||3||CIT110 or Chair approval|
This certificate prepares students for entry level positions in personal computer hardware support. Recommended noncredit industry certification courses offered through the College’s Community Education Office are optional, but will greatly enhance employment prospects. The CIT internship and entrepreneurship courses are also optional.
Graduates completing this certificate may find employment in information support services departments in firms large and small as well as other companies specializing in personal computer maintenance support.
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Describe, remove, and replace select components of desktop and laptop personal computers; upgrade components based on customer needs and perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Understand the basics of the most common desktop Office applications.
- Explain, install, and navigate the most common personal computer operating systems; upgrade components based on customer needs and perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and professional behavior while working with customers.
- Qualify to take the COMPTIA A+ Essentials Certification Examination.
- Qualify to take the NETWORK+ Certification Examination.