Microsoft Applications Support Specialist Certificate Program
Certificate - Computer Information Technology Department
|Course Title||Course Number||Semester Taken||Credits||Prerequisites|
|Applications/Concepts||CIT110||3||ESL098 or RDG095 or placement|
|Introduction to Microsoft Office||CIT133||3|
|Advanced Microsoft Office||CIT233||3||CIT110 or CIT113 or CIT133 or Chair approval|
|Collaboration, Communication and Integration in MS Office Applications||CIT250||3||CIT110 or CIT113 or Chair approval|
|Help Desk Techniques||CIT230||3||CIT110 or Chair approval|
This certificate prepares students for entry level positions in Microsoft personal computer desktop applications support. recommended non-credit industry certification courses offered through the College’s Community Education Office are optional, but will greatly enhance employment prospects. The CIT internship and entrepreneurship courses are also optional.
Graduates completing this certificate may find employment in information support services departments in organizations large and small as applications support and/or “Help Desk” specialists.
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Understand in-depth and support the most common desktop Office Applications.
- Understand and support the Integration features among all Microsoft Office applications.
- Set-up, support and conduct on-line meetings.
- Troubleshoot end-user Office application problems.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and professional behavior while working with customers.
- Qualify to take the Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Outlook Certification Examinations.