History and Government Concentration
Associate in Arts Behavioral, Social Sciences & Global Learning - History and Social Sciences
This curriculum map contains the new General Education Requirements. Current students should log in to BHCC Self-Service to review their specific program requirements or contact LifeMap/Advising for more information. Prospective students should go to bhcc.edu/admissions and contact an admissions counselor.
Last Modified Date: September 22, 2020
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Understand how societies change over time and the implications for today.
- Understand the social, political and economic developments of specific societies at specific moments in history.
- Use the critical thinking and writing skills developed in the classroom in a variety of academic and employment situations.
- Graduates of this concentration may qualify to transfer to four-year colleges or universities as juniors. The concentration is excellent preparation for careers in law, teaching, government, museums, or similar public service fields.
- A bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement for entry into many of these fields.
- Graduate work may be necessary, as well.