Associate in Arts Humanities and Learning Communities - Communication
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Have an effective transfer path to a four year school.
- Express foundational communication skills, such as public speaking, professional communication, clear argumentation, and critical reasoning.
- Write for a variety of purposes, adapting to varying audiences.
- Develop cultural and ethical competency, by engaging in human rights advocacy and effective intercultural communication.
- Conduct research in the field of communication.
- Earn hands-on skills in the field of communication through coursework and an internship.
- Understand the dynamics of communication in a global context.
- Enter the workforce upon graduation in film, journalism, media, or other creative industry.
Students in this program will learn hands-on skills in the field of communication through coursework and an internship. Students are prepared to enter the workforce upon graduation in film, journalism, media, or other creative industry. The program is suited for students who wish to pursue careers in the field of: Advertising, Broadcasting, Business, Communication, Education, Film, Journalism, Marketing, Politics, Public Relations, and/or Social Media.