Length: Depending on your school’s timeline and budget, you can choose a one, two, three or four-week program. The longer the program, the more your students will get to experience. A typical day starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m.
Group Size: We accept up to 25 participants per group. There is no minimum; however, the cost for the group, even if it falls below 25, will remain the same.
Customization: Our standard seminars are U.S. Revolutionary History, U.S. Culture, and Intercultural Communication. If you would like additional subjects to the learning agenda, we will work with you to design a robust curriculum. Our qualified instructors can tailor a personalized program that meets your group’s learning objectives.
Academic Program Cost:
Program prices are reflected below*:
One week: $8,000 per group of 25 or fewer
Two weeks: $15,000 per group of 25 or fewer
Three weeks: $22,000 per group of 25 or fewer
Four weeks: $28,000 per group of 25 or fewer
*Prices are current for 2013.
The cost of your academic program includes the following features:
- Seminar instruction and accompanying materials
- Welcome continental breakfast and lunch
- Classroom facilities
- Access to the gym located at the Health and Wellness Fitness Center
- Field trip student guides
- Harvard University campus tour
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus tour, depending on availability
- Community Service Projects. Assigned groups will serve at various sites throughout Boston
- Planned Afternoon Excursions, such as:
- Massachusetts State House
- Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall Marketplace
- Freedom Trail Walk & The North End
- The Black Heritage Trail
- U.S.S. Constitution
- Bunker Hill Monument
- John Adams Courthouse
- John Joseph Moakley United States Courthouse
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
NOTE: Some tours are not available off-season.
Homestay services are provided by Global Immersions, a private homestay company that specializes in homestay living for individuals and groups. All homestays are located in the Boston metropolitan area and include the following:
- A fully furnished, clean and comfortable private bedroom (*shared bedroom when available), with quiet study/work space, in the home of a friendly and attentive host
- Self-served continental breakfast (for example: juice, cereal, toast, coffee/tea)
- Prepared dinner eaten with and prepared by the host
- Internet access
- Local telephone, laundry facilities, television and all utilities
- Public transportation (bus or subway) within walking distance
- Linens, towels, and bathing and eating areas
*Two visitors per home for group programs.
Homestay options: Standard Homestay Single or Standard Homestay Shared. Prices will vary depending on the option you choose. We will put you in touch with Global Immersions when you are ready to obtain pricing information. Please ask Global Immersions about the following services listed below. All services/activities will be arranged and invoiced by Global Immersions, Inc.
Airport pickup services -- From Boston Logan airport to the homestay and return (includes meet/greet, taxes, tolls and tip) by a professional company.
MBTA public transportation passes – Weekly passes will be purchased depending on the length of stay.
For details about our exciting program for your school group, please complete the inquiry for and click submit. Someone will respond to your inquiry within 48 hours.
You may also contact Jack Chan, program manager for CoIL Boston, at his direct number at 617-228-2157 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.