Guest Students (non-matriculating or non-degree student)
Bunker Hill Community College welcomes Guest Students to enroll in courses at the College. You are a Guest Student (also known as a non-matriculated or non-degree student) if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- You want to take course(s) to transfer back to your institution.
- You want to take course(s) in order to fulfill prerequisites for another college or university’s undergraduate or graduate program.
- You want to take course(s) for your own personal enrichment.
Guest students who plan on transferring credits earned at BHCC to their home academic institution must have their course selections approved by their home institution prior to registration to insure credit transfer.
Fall 2021 Mini-Session II
Complete a course in just 7 weeks! See Mini Sessions for more details.
Mini-Session II registration ends November 3.
November 1 - December 19, 2021
- Course schedule for Charlestown Campus Mini-Session II
- Course schedules for Chelsea Campus Mini-Session II
Online Winter Session 2022
January 3 - 23, 2022
How do I register?
Review the online course schedule under the "Additional Information" box located on the right side to choose your course(s) and ensure that there is availability in the sections in which you plan to register. You can filter by semester, subject and more using the menus on the left of your screen.
New Guest Students
Please complete the online registration form once you have made your decision.
If your course requires a prerequisite, please attach a copy of your unofficial transcript at the bottom of the online guest registration form, verifying course completion with a passing grade of C or higher. In some cases, if you are not able to provide documentation, you might qualify for Placement by High School Diploma or you can take Placement Testing.
Returning Guest Students
If you are a returning Guest Student or a former matriculated student you already have an account with BHCC. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ideally from your BHCC email and provide us with your name, BHCC ID number and with your class selection. Attach your unofficial transcript verifying course completion with a passing grade of C or higher. In some cases, if you are not able to provide documentation, you might qualify for Placement by High School Diploma or you can take Placement Testing.
Important Information about Guest Students at BHCC
- Guest students have not applied or been accepted to Bunker Hill Community College.
- Guest students are not pursuing a degree or certificate at BHCC and do not qualify for financial aid.
- Guest students are responsible for determining that their home institution will accept credit earned at Bunker Hill Community College.
- Guest students are responsible for providing an unofficial transcript for any course that requires prerequisite. The transcript has to be uploaded while filling out the online guest registration form.
- Unofficial transcripts, grade reports, must have the name of the Guest Student and the name of his/her institution.
- Guest students have reviewed and understand the BHCC Academic Calendar for the semester in which registration is sought (i.e. key registration dates).
Learn more about being a Guest Student at BHCC by reviewing the below Frequently Asked Questions.
Can I register as a guest student in person?
This option will not be available until the College reopens to the public. We recommend registering online to avoid waiting in line. When the College reopens, if you are unable to register online you may register at Student Central in the B-Lobby on the Charlestown Campus, or at Student Services Office, room 415 on the Chelsea Campus.
What happens after I submit my online registration form?
You will be contacted via email confirming your registration. We’ll also send you your student ID number and instructions on how to log in to myBHCC and BHCC email. Please make sure the email address provided is correct so we can send you all the information needed to be a Guest Student at BHCC.
How do I pay for classes as a Guest Student?
Students are required to pay tuition according to the tuition & fees schedule to avoid course(s) being dropped for non-payment. If you cannot pay for or attend your course(s), please drop them in your myBHCC account to clear yourself of any financial obligations if you are not planning on attending.
Learn more about payment deadlines on the Student Payment page.