|Course Title||Course Number||Semester Taken||Credits||Prerequisites|
|IT Career Exploration||CIT102||1|
|Applications/Concepts or Information Technology Problem Solving or Introduction to Computer Science and Objective Oriented Programming||CIT110 or CIT113 or CIT120||3 - 4||ESL099 or RDG095 or placement; ENG090 and RDG090 or placement; ENG095 and ESL099 or RDG095 and Pre/co-req MAT194 or placement|
|Mobile App Development||CIT129||3||ENG090 and RDG090 or placement|
|Introduction to Creating Mobile Apps||CIT131||3||ENG090 and RDG090 or placement|
|Interactive Design I or Design for Mobile Devices||VMA275 or CIT135||3||VMA129, ENG090 and RGD090 or placement|
|Programming for Android I||CIT229||3||CIT129 or CIT113 or CIT120 or Chair Approval|
This program prepares students to be able to have an entry-level position as a mobile app developer in an Android environment.
This Certificate Program is designed to align with the needs specified by industry partners. This option will have stackable credentials ideal for the working professional who is not seeking a degree, but looking to enhance their existing information technology skills.
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Tackle large problems by systematically breaking them down into smaller, more manageable problems.
- Use their knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively adapt to change.
- Utilize a foundation in programming practices and principles.
- Utilize skills and competencies required to program basic Android applications in Java.
- Utilize skills and competencies required to design basic mobile applications on several device platforms.